Charity: Water

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

where the heart will forever be...

Never thought I'd hurt this much being away from you. Guess I never realized that you have my heart. Now I can see it: you're my home, my sanctuary, my refuge. We fell in love so quickly, but we'll never fall out. You've held me through my lowest lows, danced with me in my highest highs. You've exposed all of life's wounds to me--in their misery, in their filth, in their shame. And when everything looks like it's drowning, you've thrown out just enough hope to keep me afloat, to keep me fighting. You've shown me the Kingdom, taught me what life was all about, walked me into my purpose. You've given me burdens, fulfillment, heartaches, joy. You've led me into relationships with the most beautiful souls that exist. Because of you, I'm better, stronger, more the man God created me to be. Because of you, I've never weeped harder, never laughed harder, never lived harder.


It hurts that, separated from you, all I can do is pray. But I trust that that's all that's needed from me right now, so I'll pray as hard as I know how. Camp Joy...my heart will always be with you...

No comments:

Post a Comment