Charity: Water

Thursday, July 8, 2010

...When Guilt Leads to Good


I was talking to a friend/mentor the other day. She said that just like that "God-shaped hole" inside each of us, there's something within us that responds to redemption stories, "something about us that's drawn to stories of redemption. Part of God's wooing of us."

I just finished the book The Kite Runner and found it to be one of the most disturbing books I've ever read. Not disturbing in the perverse or graphic sense of the word, though it was graphic at parts, but disturbing in how deeply the story affected me. Few stories have ever moved me like this one, and few stories will I recommend as adamantly. In the words of this same friend, there is no equal in redemption stories.

"True redemption...when guilt leads to good." --Khaled Hosseini

No comments:

Post a Comment