Charity: Water

Saturday, September 4, 2010

"The feeling remains that God is on the journey, too." --Teresa of Avila

Sir Isaac Newton is said to have avowed that he has spent his entire life merely picking up sea shells along the shore of the vast, unexplored ocean.

Addison Road has these great lyrics saying, "What do I know of You who spoke me into motion? Where have I even stood but the shore along your ocean?"

******************************

The universe can't just be a home for us, because if it is, it's way over-sized, and as I walk alone and look up at the dark infinite above me, all I feel is how very small I am, how this is all so much bigger than me. 


Known as the 'Eye of God'
The Whirlpool Galaxy, also known as 'The Darling of Astronomy.'
By the way, see that bright mass on the right? We used to think this
was all one big galaxy, but now we know these are two separate galaxies.
My personal favorite, Pleiades
Our own not-so-humble abode, the Milky Way Galaxy. I won't pretend this is a
legitimate picture. We're kind of inside of this thing, so it's hard for us to get real
pictures.  What amazes me is how big it is. We put so much importance on our lives.
In reality, our solar system isn't even in the center of our own galaxy.

* Shout out to the only astronomist I know, Addie Jo.

No comments:

Post a Comment