Charity: Water

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Renewing the Mind

I realize I haven't blogged in a while, and there's not really anything I feel I need to say here on the blogosphere, so I figured I'd do a post of a different kind. One of my goals for the summer is to be more disciplined in memorizing scripture. These are the verses that have stood out enough to make the list so far, the verses I've let marinate in my life.

"Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and acceptable unto God--this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--His good, pleasing, and perfect will." __Romans 12: 1-2

"Stop doing what is wrong, learn to do right. Seek justice, encourage the oppressed. Defend the cause of the fatherless, plead the case of the widow." __Isaiah 1: 16-17

"Similary, encourage the young men to be self-controlled. In everything, set them an example by doing what is good. In your teaching, show integrity, seriousness, and soundness of speech that cannot be condemned, so that those who oppose you may be ashamed because they have nothing bad to say about us." __Titus 2: 6-8

"You will have no inheritance in their land, nor will you have any share among them; I am your share and your inheritance." __Numbers 18: 20

"Rend your heart and not your garmets. Return to the Lord your God, for He is gracious, compassionate, slow to anger, abounding in Love." __Joel 2: 13

"Let Love and Faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. Then will you win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man." __Proverbs 3: 3-4

Another goal I have for the summer, a goal I've had for the past few years, is to read at least a novel a week throughout the summer vacation. Here's the list thus far:

X-Men: The Return by Chris Roberson (haha)

X-Men: Law of the Jungle by Dave Smeds (haha)

Life of Pi by Yann Martel (phenomenal! all-time top 5)

The Bluebird Carries the Sky on His Back by Henry David Thoreau (great)

Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison (great)

A Mercy by Toni Morrison (decent)

I'll try to update the list every so often. Thank you and goodbye. It's world cup time here in the ol' Costa Rica!

No comments:

Post a Comment