Charity: Water

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Bloody Left Toe

Care about something! I am so freaking sick of seeing people not care. Sleep, class, eat, sleep, chill, work, party, sleep, class, eat, chill, work, party, sleep... I hate seeing people just existing. What are you doing with your life? Well, one day I'm going to be a doctor. Oh my goodness. Someone bake some friggin cookies and give that person two of em! I'm talking about the here and now. I look around and I see too many people going through the motions, living in a routine, not really caring about something. I don't even care if all you care about is your bloody left toe. Just care about something! and surround yourself with that thing. Pour time, money, energy, emotions into something. Invest everything you have, everything you are.

Oh, but there's so much risk. Nothing's really worth all of that. Well, except for me. I'm worth all of that stuff.

College is so egocentric. Someone (we shall say this person is male) spends his entire senior year of high school trying to figure out where he wants to go to school, how he can get scholarships, what he can do to begin the rest of his life. He goes to college and has his own little cute dorm room, and his own little cute friend group. He has his own specific major, and he's here to further his education. And then he stresses out about the rest of his life--where will he live, what will he do, what jobs will he get. What does he want in life. But wait! He's a Christian. And look! He's going on a short-term mission trip. And it makes him look good and him feel good about himself. And he goes on for the rest of his life, getting his own education, getting his own job, making his own money, having his own life.

College. It can all be so self-serving.


The ideas of this blog, including the phrase "I don't even care if all you care about is your bloody left toe. Just care about something!" are brought to you by the inspiration of Heather Wright.

No comments:

Post a Comment